Up to date information can be found on the government website-
Blackpool Council is committed to maintaining essential services and protecting the most vulnerable members of our community.
We are setting up a community corona kindness helpline for those who want to help and for those that need help.
The services that we propose to help with initially are:
- Food shopping
- Dog walking
- Medical supplies
- Social isolation and loneliness
If you need to access any of those things or you feel you can help, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help call 0808 1963080.
**CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19 UPDATE** 17.03.2020
The practice is continuing to NOT book routine appointments and any booked appointments will be either changed to telephone triage appointments or cancelled. You WILL be informed of either change (please see previous post).
1. If you are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19), such as cough and/or fever, have no underlying health conditions and are well* there is no need to contact the surgery. Please visit www.gov.uk for up to date guidance on what to do including isolation and links to the NHS website.
*Being ‘well’ you are able to carry out normal activities without difficulty such as getting dressed, showering/bathing, cooking, cleaning, watching television, using your mobile phone etc.
2. If you are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19), such as cough and/or fever, have underlying health conditions and or are unwell please follow the guidance on the www.gov.uk website regarding isolation. Please contact the surgery if you require advice on your underlying health condition and or are symptomatic.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
The practice cannot answer questions regarding isolation periods for individual cases or work situations. If you call for advice on these matters you will be asked to look at the www.gov.uk website.
As of today (12.03.2020) routine appointments with GP's, Nurse Practitioner's, Practice Nurse's & Health Care Assistant's are NOT being booked.
The practice will continue to run an emergency on the day appointment system for those who are acutely unwell, all of these patients will be triaged by telephone before an appointment is booked.
Any appointments that are currently booked will be either re-arranged or changed to a telephone appointment.
YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE PRACTICE IF YOUR APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
A pre-recorded message has been added to the telephone system please use this, the website and social media to keep upto date with any further developments that affect the practice.